3/31/2014

General Conference Activity

We LOVE General Conference and look forward to listening every 6 months.  If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints you know what we are talking about.  This is a time when we have the opportunity to listen to our prophet, the 12 apostles and other general authorities in a worldwide conference.  General Conference is Saturday April 5 and Sunday April 6th, with two sessions each day, one starting at 10 A.M. and the other at 2 P.M.



Everyone is welcome to watch here.

We usually watch general conference at home over the internet. It can be a long 2 hours for our 3 year old so I put together a little activity to help keep her involved. My hope is to help her identify the prophet and the 12 apostles.  We usually hear from all 12 apostles except for 2 that usually speak during the priesthood session (Saturday night) so we will have 2 activities left over that we can do sometime between conference sessions.

Here is the activity I put together:

It's pretty simple, just a basket of different kinds of treats and activities that he can do while listening to conference.  I put a picture on each activity so he can watch to see who speaks and then find the activity/treat with their picture on it.  I put together 15 activities one for our prophet, his two councilors and the 12 apostles.

You can't see a lot of the things that I put in the basket because I wanted the focus to be on the prophet/apostles not on the activity.  Here is a list of what I  put in the basket:
Connect 4 game
Crayons and Coloring Book
brownie mix...to make during the session
Snickers candy bar
animal crackers
goldfish
Magnetic doodle board
M&M's
Chalk for our chalk board
Apple
Magnet Noah's ark tin
Beads/necklace
Fruit snacks
Quiet book
Stickers

I used pictures from a quiet book I made awhile ago.
Heather put it together over at simply fresh designs.  You can get the templates for your personal use by visiting her site.

I love it because each page has a photo of the prophet along with facts about them.  I used these pages instead of pictures so we can learn about each one as part of the activity.

Enjoy General Conference and have a wonderful weekend!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...